Saturday , May 18 2024
Home / Uttar Pradesh / Monsoon will be normal in the country from June to September

Monsoon will be normal in the country from June to September

[ad_1]

Kanpur (Kanhapur): The country is likely to have a normal monsoon this year. Southwest Monsoon is expected to be normal in India from June to September. The Indian Meteorological Department gave this information on Saturday. It said there is a 96 percent chance of rain during the monsoon season, with an error margin of 4 percent.

CSA Meteorologist Dr. SN Sunil Pandey said that monsoon in the country is expected to start from June 4 in Kerala. The IMD informed that conditions are favorable for the advance of Southwest Monsoon over Andaman Sea, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, South Bay of Bengal.

The temperature may rise above normal in the month of June

In most parts of the country, the temperature may rise above normal in the month of June. Because of this, there is a possibility of less than normal rainfall in the month of June. The IMD says the southern peninsula, western Rajasthan and Ladakh are likely to experience above normal rainfall in June.

IMD’s claim on El Nino

Conditions for El Niño in the Pacific Ocean are becoming favorable and will continue until 2024. He reiterated that “there is no relationship between El Nino and the Indian monsoon”. In May 2023, the country received more than normal rainfall. Fewer heat waves have been recorded this year as compared to previous years.