Talking on the issue of nuclear war, the former US Secretary of State gave a big statement regarding the surgical strike….
Former US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has claimed that the then Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj told him that Pakistan was preparing for a nuclear attack after the Balakot surgical strike in February 2019. He was stunned to hear this. According to Pompeo, Sushma Swaraj had said that India is also preparing to give an aggressive answer.
His book ‘Never Give An Inch: Fighting for the America I Love’ was launched yesterday, in which Pompeo said the incident occurred while he was visiting the US-North Korea summit on February 27-28. At that time, this crisis of India-Pakistan was taking a formidable form, which his team came forward to avoid controversy. The former US Secretary of State said, I don’t think the world knows that in February 2019, tensions between India and Pakistan escalated to a nuclear attack.
The former US Secretary of State wrote in the book that he believed India was fully equipped to deploy nuclear weapons at that time. It took us a few hours to calm it down and our teams in New Delhi and Islamabad were able to do so. However, neither the Ministry of External Affairs nor the government has commented on this statement so far. In response to the Pulwama terror attack, the Indian Army destroyed a Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist training camp in Balakot, Pakistan in February 2019.