21 people died in North Korea battling Kovid-19
Seoul: There have been 21 new deaths on Saturday in North Korea battling Kovid-19. At the same time, symptoms of fever have been found in 1,74,440 people. The country is trying to control this epidemic. The total number of deaths and cases has been rising since Friday amid a rapid spread of fever since late April. A total of 27 deaths occurred and the number of patients increased to 5,24,440.
North Korea said that 2,43,630 people have been cured of this epidemic and 2,80,810 people are in quarantine. The national media has not given clear information about the death toll and the number of people infected with Kovid-19. A nationwide lockdown was implemented in the country on Thursday after the first COVID-19 cases were confirmed since the start of the pandemic.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, during a meeting on anti-virus strategies on Saturday, described the outbreak as a historically “massive disruption”. Also called for controlling the outbreak as soon as possible in the form of unity between the government and the people. Experts say failure to control the spread of COVID-19 in North Korea could have disastrous consequences given the country’s poor health system, and a massive 26 million (26 million) people not vaccinated against COVID-19 .
National’s media said tests of virus samples collected on Sunday from several people with fever in the country’s capital Pyongyang confirmed that they were infected with the Omicron variant. So far, one death related to Omicron infection has been officially confirmed in the country. The viral spread is expected to intensify after thousands of civilians and soldiers gathered for a massive military parade in Pyongyang on April 25. The most powerful missiles of the military nuclear program were displayed in this parade. Kim Jong was also present in this program.