Who is Ajay Choudhary – Shiv Sena MLA to replace rebel Eknath Shinde
Mumbai: Maharashtra Assembly Deputy Speaker Narhari Jirwal on Friday approved the appointment of Ajay Choudhary as the legislature leader of the Shiv Sena in place of rebel MLA Eknath Shinde, giving the ruling Maha Vikas Aghadi alliance an opportunity to prove its majority through a single floor. The need intensified. testing. On June 21, hours after Shinde’s disappearance, the Shiv Sena removed Shinde as the party’s group leader and left for Surat with at least 21 MLAs from his party, causing a crisis in the Uddhav team. Done.
Who is Ajay Choudhari?
- Choudhari represents the Sewri segment in Mumbai
- He had won the assembly elections in 2014 and 2019.
- He was made the Nashik district chief of Shiv Sena in 2015.
- Talking to PTI, Choudhary said that 25 MLAs have supported his appointment as Shiv Sena’s group leader.
Reports claim that Ajay Chaudhary has assets of Rs 49,913,699 (Rupees Four Crore Ninety Nine Lakh Thirteen Thousand Six Hundred Ninety nine) and financial liabilities of Rs 3,975,000 (Rupees Twenty Nine Lakh Seventy Five Thousand).
Maharashtra Political Crisis: Top Events
- Eknath Shinde, who led the rebellion against Uddhav Thackeray and was hiding in a hotel in Guwahati, shelved his plans to move to Mumbai.
- Expressing confidence, Shiv Sena’s Sanjay Raut said, “We will not bow down… We will win on the floor of the House (state assembly).” If this battle is fought on the streets, we will win it too. We gave a chance to those who left, now it is too late. I challenge them to come on the floor of the house. The MVA government will complete the remaining 2.5 years.
- He said that CM Uddhav Thackeray and Sharad Pawar are in constant touch. All the leaders of NCP, Congress and Shiv Sena are in touch with each other.
- BJP leader Praveen Darekar and party leaders arrive at Devendra Fadnavis’s residence.
- Speaking on the political crisis in Maharashtra, Dr. Ramdas Athawale, MoS and President, Republican Party of India (RPI) said, “The time of Uddhav Thackeray is over. Most of the MLAs will go with Eknath Shinde (rebel Shiv Sena MLA) and he will form the government with BJP.
- The Shiv Sena faction, led by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, has filed a petition before the Deputy Speaker of the state assembly, seeking cancellation of membership of 16 rebel MLAs, including Eknath Shinde.
- Eknath Shinde posted a series of tweets denying any possibility of reconciliation.
- According to news agency ANI, more MLAs reach Guwahati as sources say the number is likely to cross 50.