Yoga For Glowing Skin: These 6 Asanas Can Give You Glowing And Radiant Skin
Your skin is the way your inner health is reflected. It is not only the health of the body but also your state of mind. Yoga allows the blood to flow; It improves circulation within the body. It is a necessary step in order to eliminate toxic waste in order to purify the system from both inside and outside.
Himalayan Siddha Akshar, Founder, Akshar Yoga Research and Development Center shares his thoughts on yoga for glowing skin.
Benefits of Yoga – How It Helps You Get Glowing Skin
- better digestion
Yoga improves your digestion by getting rid of stomach related problems like improper bowel movement and indigestion. Yoga enhances your gut health, builds immunity and keeps diseases away.
- builds immunity
Asanas and Pranayama improve your immune system. It adds to your overall health and wellness. With strong immunity, you can resist any infection or disease. Yoga also has the ability to calm your central nervous system. It has a positive effect by relieving stress which automatically reflects on your skin.
- reduces stress
Stress of any kind is one of the main reasons for your skin to emerge in the form of cracks, rashes and acne. When the mind is calm and free from stress, the body and mind can be healthy.
- clears out toxins
Pranayama or breathing techniques such as Kapal Bhati, and Anulom Vilom remove any waste material and accumulated toxins from your system. Kapal Bhati Pranayama can also be done as it helps the skin to remain free from acne, rashes etc.
- stand with your feet together in samastithi
- exhale and lean forward
- reach your toes and indulge
- drop your head to your knees
- release slowly to come up and relax
- Lie on your back and slowly lift your feet off the floor
- Slowly lift your pelvis up and back off the floor
- Place your palms on your back for support.
- Try to align your shoulders, torso, pelvis, legs and feet.
- Focus your eyes on your feet.
- Lie on your back with your palms beside your body
- To raise your legs, press your palms to the floor and drop your feet behind your head.
- Support the back using your palms
- hold the seat for a while
- Keep your elbows down and interlock your palms
- Draw a triangle on the floor with your palms and elbows
- Place the crown of your head on the floor in front of your palms
- Support the back of your head with your palms
- Walk your toes close to your head until your back begins to straighten
- First of all, lift one leg up and slowly raise your other leg.
- Wait as long as you are comfortable.
‘Kapal’ is a skull and ‘Bhati’ can be translated as ‘shine/light’. Hence Kapalbhati Pranayama is known as Skull Shining Breathing Technique. Inhale normally and exhale with short, rhythmic and forceful breaths.
Anulom Vilom – Alternate Nostril Breathing
Gently close your right nostril with your thumb, inhale in your left nostril and close it, exhale through the right nostril. Then inhale from your right, closing it and exhale only from your left. This forms a circle.
Yoga techniques like asanas and pranayama relieve stress, anxiety, depression etc. When the body and mind attain a level of comfort, it is immediately reflected from the outside in the form of glowing, glowing and healthy skin. The most important aspect of yoga is that it has a direct effect on your mental health, thereby removing stress from your life. In this way, practicing yoga can give you a glowing skin. Doing yoga gives you the benefit of looking 10 years younger than your actual age.