Healthy Flour: You can include these healthy alternatives to flour during your weight loss journey
- You don’t need to cut down on food to lose weight.
- While losing weight, we look for healthier options.
- The most common bread in our food is bread.
Nowadays there are many more alternatives of flour that we can try.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and embarking on a weight loss journey can be difficult for many of you. Many people come and tell us what we should eat and what we should not eat. If this is not the case, then the diet chart of your dietician can also surprise you in many ways. Controlling calories and adding new foods to your diet can be challenging. Finally, when you see healthy changes in your body. While cutting down on food is never a good option, instead find ways in which you can switch up your everyday ingredients. To help you in your weight loss journey, we are going to introduce you to something new.
One thing which is most common in our food is roti. In Indian homes, only wheat flour is used to make bread. But if you are thinking of making a change in your diet, then we have come up with some flour substitutes that you can use to make roti and you will not have to give up roti even in the journey of weight loss. So without delay, let us know about these healthy alternatives of flour.
Flour for weight loss: These flours can help you in weight loss:
- Millet flour is considered good for weight loss. Millet flour is rich in gluten and protein. It is healthy as it contains high amount of fiber, iron and many other nutrients. Along with its high nutritional value, millet also keeps your hunger away for a long time, and thus helps in weight loss.
- Sorghum contains protein, fiber, magnesium and calcium which benefits our body. Jowar is also gluten free, so those who do not eat wheat can consume its flour. At the same time, due to the good amount of fiber, people trying to lose weight also like to include it in their diet. Apart from roti, you can also make dosa from it.
- Oats are seen among popular breakfast options today. You can use oats to make Masala Oats, Idli, Chilla and Upma. But if you want, you can also use oats in the form of flour and make bread out of it. Oats have soluble fiber and antioxidant properties. Oats are rich in zinc, manganese, calcium, protein, iron, vitamin-B and E, which are considered helpful in controlling cholesterol. On the other hand, those who want to lose weight can also include it in their diet.
- Buckwheat flour is usually consumed during Navratri or any other fast. But considering its benefits, you can eat it on regular days as well. It is rich in magnesium, B vitamins, iron, calcium, folate, zinc, copper, manganese and phosphorus. It also contains the phytonutrient rutin which lowers cholesterol and blood pressure. Apart from this, protein is also present in it, which is considered helpful in weight loss.
- Ragi flour is gluten free, rich in fiber and amino acids. It keeps your stomach full for a long time and hence you do not need to eat at regular intervals. It is also easily digested. It is also considered a healthy option for diabetic patients. Apart from ragi roti, you can also make cheela and cookies.
- We all know how beneficial eating almonds is. Nowadays almond flour is commonly used to make cookies, cakes and breads. But if you want, you can make rotis by mixing it with any other flour.