Netflix issued a statement after two actors of its project were killed in a car accident

After two actors Ray Garduno and Juan Francisco González from the Netflix series “The Chosen One” were killed and six other cast or crew members were injured, the vans crashed near Mulege on the Baja California Sur peninsula, The streaming platform released a statement expressing grief over the unfortunate incident. “We are deeply saddened by […]
 


Netflix issued a statement after two actors of its project were killed in a car accident

After two actors Ray Garduno and Juan Francisco González from the Netflix series “The Chosen One” were killed and six other cast or crew members were injured, the vans crashed near Mulege on the Baja California Sur peninsula, The streaming platform released a statement expressing grief over the unfortunate incident.

“We are deeply saddened by the tragic accident that took the lives of Ray Garduno and Juan Francisco Gonzalez. “Our condolences go out to his loved ones and those injured in this unfortunate accident,” Netflix said in the statement.

As Variety reports, Redrum, the creator of the series “The Chosen One,” said that due precautions were taken.

“We are all shocked by the tragic accident that happened last Thursday on the making of ‘The Chosen One’ while in transit from Santa Rosalia, Baja California to the local airport. We are deeply saddened by the passing of our colleagues Ray Garduno and Juan Francisco Gonzalez and are closely supporting all those affected by this unspeakable tragedy. Redrum is cooperating with local authorities and preliminary reports and accounts from witnesses indicate that all safety protocols were in place and this was an unfortunate accident,” Redrum’s statement read.

Screenwriter Rick Zazueta shared a lengthy post on Facebook, claiming that the cast had previously complained of logistics and shipping issues during production.
“It is a call for justice for these deaths. This was no ordinary accident, with the cast openly complaining about the logistics and transportation issues faced in this production, calling it illogical, unfair, ignorant and stupid. The conditions of the van were completely unsuitable for the purpose of transporting people; Worn tyres, noisy brakes, loose steering wheel, all seat belts not working, easily identifiable danger signs. But, the show must go on, and the actors are wrapped up in the art form and want to work, and don’t get much work opportunities, so they land these gigs with Netflix’s big dreams and the promise of a small paycheck. take. ,” Zazueta posted.

Garduno and Gonzalez had supporting roles in the series. Production has been halted but is expected to resume after the current investigation and mourning period has passed.

Both actors, who were in their late 40s, went on to star in the horror film ‘Here Comes the Devil’ for Salto de Fe Films and Morbido Films. Gonzalez, also known as Paco Mufote, was active in both theater and film, both subjects he studied. His acting credits include “Sleep Dealer” (2006), “Nortado” (2008), “Yan Xi: El Hombre Que Espera” (2010) and “Here Comes the Devil” (2012).

Garduno was renowned in Baja as a stage director as well as an actor and cultural manager, having more than fifteen years of experience in this field.