The use of chemical fertilizers will be reduced, the government may start PM Pranam Yojana soon

PM Pranam Scheme: An important information for farmers across the country. Actually, to reduce the use of chemical fertilizers, the central government has planned to launch a new scheme PM Pranam (PM Promotion of Alternative Nutrition for Agriculture Management Scheme). The proposed scheme aims to reduce the subsidy burden on chemical fertilizers, which is expected […]
 


The use of chemical fertilizers will be reduced, the government may start PM Pranam Yojana soon

PM Pranam Scheme: An important information for farmers across the country. Actually, to reduce the use of chemical fertilizers, the central government has planned to launch a new scheme PM Pranam (PM Promotion of Alternative Nutrition for Agriculture Management Scheme). The proposed scheme aims to reduce the subsidy burden on chemical fertilizers, which is expected to increase to Rs 2.25 lakh crore in 2022-2023. This is 39 per cent higher than last year’s figure of Rs 1.62 lakh crore.

According to a report in ‘Indian Express’, this plan has a different budget and will be financed from existing fertilizer subsidy savings under schemes run by the Department of Fertilizers. Along with this, 50% of the subsidy savings will be given to the state as a grant. As per the report, 70% of the grant can be used for the adoption of alternative fertilizer technology and alternative asset creation. The remaining 30 percent grant money can be used to promote farmers, panchayats, farmer producer organizations and self-help groups. The government will compare the increase or decrease of urea in a year with the average consumption of urea during the last three years.

The amount of fertilizer required every month varies according to the demand. This demand is based on the time of sowing of the crop. For example, the demand for urea is highest during the period June-August but becomes relatively low in March and April and the government uses these two months to prepare fertilizers in sufficient quantity for the monsoon season. Is. The Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare assesses the requirement of fertilizers every year before the start of the crop season and informs the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers to ensure supply.

According to the report, top officials of the Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, while discussing the Pradhan Mantri Pranam Yojana, shared information about the proposed scheme during the National Conference on Agriculture for Rabi Campaign with state government officials. The conference was held on 7 September. The ministry has also sought his suggestions on the features of the salute of the Prime Minister. The ministry has started inter-ministerial discussions on the proposed plan. The draft will be prepared by incorporating the views of the concerned departments.

Source