Agriculture News: Wheat will be sold in the open market, proposal to sell 30 lakh metric tonnes of wheat approved
Agriculture News : 30 Lakh Metric Tonnes (LMT) under Open Market Sale Scheme Wheat The Central Government has approved the proposal for the sale of Rs. Food Corporation of India (FCI) will release 30 lakh metric tonnes of wheat from central storage through various channels under Open Market Sale Scheme (Domestic). Wheat will be marketed by traders, state governments and cooperatives, federations, public sector to keep wheat and flour prices under control in the country.
help curb rising prices
Through the Open Market Sale (Domestic) scheme, 30 lakh metric tonnes of wheat will be brought to the market for sale within two months. This will directly affect the rising prices of wheat and flour. It has been told that this will help in bringing the rising prices under control and the common man will get relief. A group of ministers headed by Home Minister Amit Shah met on Wednesday to find a solution to the rising prices of wheat and flour in the country. In this meeting the situation of buffer stock in the country was discussed in detail. The Committee of Ministers (CoM) has approved marketing options for wheat for an immediate check on rising prices.
what are the options?
- Under e-auction, a maximum of 3000 metric tonnes of wheat per auction from FCI sector will be supplied to flour mill owners, bulk buyers etc. through e-auction.
- Wheat will be supplied to the State Governments, Union Territories for their schemes even without e-auction.
- Government Public Sector Undertakings, Cooperative Societies, Federations, Kendriya Bhandars, NCCF, Nafed etc. will be given wheat at a concessional rate of Rs 2 thousand 350 per quintal without e-auction.
- Sale under this special scheme will be subject to the condition that the buyer will manufacture wheat flour and make it available to the public at a maximum retail price of Rs 29.50 per kg.
- In order to immediately control the rising prices of wheat and flour, the Food Corporation of India has decided to launch wheat in the market in the next two months.
- Food Corporation of India will immediately start the process of e-auction of stocks across the country from January to March 2023.
- The Open Market Sale (Domestic) scheme will bring 30 lakh metric tonnes of wheat into the market through multiple channels over a period of two months. This will directly affect the rising prices of wheat and flour. This will help in checking the rising prices and will provide relief to the common man.