Yes Bank (YES BANK) and Chalo together launched a co branded contact less Chalo Travel Card. This card has been launched in Mangalore and Udupi. By adding money to this card, passengers will be able to pay through ‘Tap to Pay’ while traveling in the bus. Chalo is a technology driving transport solutions company. Its purpose is to make travel better for everyone.
To buy tickets and make digital payments to the city bus through the card, passengers have to tap the Chalo card on the ticketing machine of the conductor. Chalo will give the first 10000 cards free with full recharge to the passengers at Mangalore and Udupi at their expense. With the help of Chalo contact less travel card, passengers will be able to avoid touching cash and tickets. It is estimated that about 4.5 lakh passengers traveling daily in the city bus will benefit.
Key Features of YES BANK Powered Chalo Card
- Fast and secure payment authentication
- Capability to have millions of micro payments daily
- Works in offline mode, no need for cellular data network
- NFC technology with state-of-the-art security for a seamless ‘tap to pay’ experience
- Can be purchased and recharged from any bus conductor or designated Chalo card counters.
- Mobile number verified during purchase
- OTP and self declaration of name, 24 months for full KYC
- Facility to keep maximum balance ranging from small recharge like Rs 10 to Rs 10000 (in multiples of Recharge 10)
Chalo does live tracking of 10,000 buses
Chalo does live tracking of 10,000 buses in 23 cities and gives real time updates of buses with Chalo App. Chalo also manages more than 2000 buses in 12 cities and works with urban administration, state governments and bus operators to improve bus operations.