Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday addressed the 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York. AS IT HAPPENED
HERE ARE THE TOP POINTS
- In the last 1.5 years, the entire world has been facing the worst pandemic in 100 years.
- On 15 August this year, India entered the 75th year of independence. Our diversity is the identity of our strong democracy.
- Development should be all-inclusive, universal and one that nurtures all.
- When India reforms, world transforms
- Our priority is that development should be all inclusive, all pervasive, universal and one that nurtures all
- Today, I extend an invitation to all vaccine manufacturers from across the world to make vaccines in India
- Corona pandemic has taught the world that the global economy should be more diversified now
- Along with regressive thinking, countries that are using terrorism as a political tool have to understand that terrorism is an equally big threat to them
- On the ocassion of 75 years of independence, India is going to launch 75 satellites into space made by Indian students
- India has developed the world’s first DNA vaccine
- Our oceans are also our shared heritage. That is why we have to keep in mind that we use ocean resources, not abuse