Delhi Capitals and Rajasthan Royals won their respective matches in the IPL. With the victory, the Delhi team has come to number one in the points table. Rajasthan got their third win of the tournament.
New Delhi. Delhi Capitals under the leadership of Rishabh Pant continues to perform well in the current season. The team defeated Punjab Kings by 7 wickets in a match. With the victory, the team has reached the top of the table. Opener batsman Shikhar Dhawan hit an unbeaten half-century. This is his third half-century of the current season. On the other hand, Rajasthan Royals defeated Sunrisers Hyderabad based on Jos Buttler’s first century of T20 career. This is Rajasthan’s 5th win. The team is at number five on the table. Here are the top 10 sports news of May 2:
- Last year’s runner-up Delhi Capitals made their debut in IPL 2021. The team defeated Punjab Kings by 7 wickets in their eighth match. The team has reached the top of the table with 12 points. Punjab scored 166 for 6 wickets in the first play. In response, Delhi Capitals achieved the target for three wickets in 17.4 overs. Opener batsman Shikhar Dhawan remained unbeaten after scoring 69 runs.
- Rajasthan Royals registered their third win in IPL 2021. The team defeated Sunrisers Hyderabad by 55 runs in their seventh match. Rajasthan scored 220 for 3 wickets in the first play. Jose Butler scored a magnificent century. In response, the Sunrisers Hyderabad team could score 165 runs for 8 wickets. This is Hyderabad’s sixth defeat in 7 matches.
- Jose Butler could not perform well in the first 6 matches of the current season of IPL 2021. But in a match, not only Butler showed his strength, but also scored the first century of his T20 career. Butler, the wicketkeeper-batsman, scored 124 runs off 64 balls. 11 11 fours and 8 sixes. This is his biggest IPL score. Butler is the third player to score a century in the current season after Sanju Samson and Devdutt Padikkal.
- The Punjab Kings have suffered a major setback. Team captain KL Rahul playing in the current season of IPL 2021 is doubtful. According to the statement released by Punjab, Rahul has been admitted to the hospital due to stomach upset, where his surgery will be done today. Due to this, Rahul could not play the match against Delhi on Sunday. The team also lost in this match.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad Director of Cricket Tom Moody made a big disclosure about David Warner. Before the match against Rajasthan Royals, he said that when Warner came to know that he had been removed from the captaincy, he was completely disappointed and disappointed. For him, this decision was very shocking. A day before Warner, the Sunrisers Hyderabad team management took the captaincy. In his place, Ken Williams has been given command of the team.
- IPL team Delhi Capitals have added former India player Saba Karim with them. The team has made former selector and former general manager of cricket operations of the board, Saba Karim the head of the talent search. 53-year-old Saba Karim played one Test and 34 ODIs for Team India. But his career was overdue to an eye injury.
- The Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) said that it will donate 100 non-invasive ventilators (ventilators) and an equal number of oxygen concentrators to the Delhi government for improving health facilities in the national capital. India is badly affected by the second wave of the Kovid-19 epidemic in which the situation in Delhi is more serious. Where people are facing problems due to lack of oxygen on a large scale.
- World number two Naomi Osaka bowed out of the Madrid Open tennis tournament after losing to Karolina Muchova in a three-match hard-fought match here on Sunday. Muchova of the 20th ranking of the Czech Republic won the second round match 6-4, 3-6, 6-1. Osaka had earlier lost to Maria Sakari in the quarterfinals of the Miami Open.
- Asian Games 1982 gold medalist equestrian colonel (retired) Ghulam Mohammad Khan died in Pune. He was 74 years old and joined the Indian Military Academy in 1973. A year later, he has voted the Academy’s best rider. He captained the ASC team from 1980 to 1990 and during this time his team won the national title six times while he was also the individual national champion (eventing) four times.
- Inter Milan progressed to the Siri A football title by beating the last-placed Croton 2–0. Inter Milan has a 13 point lead over their city rival AC Milan, while four matches are yet to be played. If Atlanta, the third-placed team, do not register a win against Sassuolo, then Inter’s team will win the first league title after 2010. Inter also has a chance to break Uventus’ order of nine consecutive Siri A titles.