There will be no Kanwar Yatra this year due to Coronavirus Pandemic. The government of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana have taken this decision collectively to postpone the yatra.
The Chief Ministers of the three states had a meeting on Kandariya Yatra on Saturday through video conferencing, after which this decision has been taken. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, and Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar took part in this video conferencing.
Let us know that during Haridwar, a huge crowd of Shiva devotees throngs during the Kandar Yatra. The saints and Mahatmas have also supported the cancellation of the yatra in Haridwar to prevent the gathering of large numbers of kawaii’s.
This opinion formed in the meeting
- Officers should establish a dialogue with religious leaders, Kawand Sanghs, Peace Committees, etc. in their respective areas at the local level.
- Do not be able to gather more than 05 people at any place by following the Kovid-19 protocol fully.
- 02 yards, the mask must be ensured to be followed.
- While communicating with the religious leaders in all the districts, it should be ensured that no more than 05 people are able to gather at any religious place on the festival of Bakrid.
- People should be informed about the safety of corona through public address systems at major places, markets, and places, etc.