Do you suffer from migraines and headaches very often? Do you take medicines to cure your headache but their effects last longer? Migraine has become a common health problem and is affecting more than 10 people in 100. Migraine headache is a severe type of headache that accompanies sensory warning signs such as blind spots, nausea, vomiting, flashes of light, and increased sensitivity.
Whenever you have a migraine attack, the pain level above the eyebrow increases, or your headache may worsen when you stay in the sunlight longer. When you have a headache, the nerve of the head starts beating, which you can feel. This pain increases with every woman. Sometimes this pain lasts for hours and sometimes this pain lasts for many days.
In such a problem, Ayurveda is called Soryavarta, the Sorya which represents the Sun. Headache is caused by excessive stimulation of the brain. Migraine symptoms can vary from person to person. Usually becomes more dangerous during the afternoon and calms down by the evening.
Causes of migraine according to Ayurveda
1. Excessive intake of oily, spicy or salty food
2. Exposure to prolonged sunlight
4. Excessive stress
6. Excessive intake of alcohol or smoking
7. Physical or mental stress
8. Sudden caffeine Discontinue intake (in the form of tea or coffee)
10. Hormonal changes, especially during periods, due to excessive use of birth control pills
11. Changes in sleep patterns
There are certain types of foods that cause migraines. Due to the above factors, severe pain or severe headaches are caused.
Ayurveda recommends some remedies to treat migraines. They are
1. Shirolpa is considered highly effective to relieve migraine and mental exhaustion caused by stress. It is a specific technique in which some herbs are mixed to make a paste, which is applied to the patient’s head. But before applying the herbal paste, a medicinal oil is applied to the head and body.
The paste is placed on the head and covered with the help of a leaf applied for an hour. Then, the paste and oil are wiped out. Then the head and body are again heated with medicinal oil, followed by a bath with warm water. These herbal pastes help calm pitta dosha.
2. Shirodhara is an Ayurvedic medicine that has a profound effect on the nervous system. The liquefied hot oil is poured on the forehead in a continuous flow. On the forehead where the nerves are more concentrated. When oil is poured continuously. So the oil pressure produces vibrations on the forehead. Which gives our brain and nervous system a deep state of mental rest. Which helps to calm the mind and concentrate. According to Ayurveda, Shirodhara therapy is beneficial for Pitta and Vata dosha.
3. Kavala Graha
Kavala Graha or oil pulling is highly recommended in Ayurveda. It has a very powerful detoxifying effect, and its health benefits include relief from white teeth to migraine headaches. Ayurveda suggests oil pulling with Chandanadi Talai and Mahanarayani Tali to cure migraine pain.
Home remedies for migraine
In the initial stage, a migraine can be treated with the help of some simple home remedies.
Raisins and almonds are very good for health. Soak five to six raisins and almonds each at night and eat them the next morning. You can also drink the water in which you soak them.
Take a fist full of grass and blend it to get its fresh juice. Add a pinch of licorice powder to the juice and mix it well. Drink this solution in the afternoon for a month continuously. This will help reduce the severity of the disease.
Take a spoonful of coriander seed powder and mix it in a cup of water. Leave it overnight. The next morning drink it on an empty stomach.
Jasmine or pomegranate fresh and tender leaves are also great for curing migraine. To make fresh juice, crush the leaves thoroughly and mix with a pinch of salt. Add two to three drops of this juice to your nostril in the morning.