Wednesday , October 20 2021

56 percent of children do not have smartphones for e-learning

During the lockdown, all schools have adopted an online medium for the education of children. For this, students have a smartphone and the Internet. But according to a study, about 56 percent of children in the country do not have smartphones available. The study is done on 42,831 school students.

The study titled ‘Scenario between Kovid-19 – Ground Situation and Possible Solution’ has been done by Smile Foundation, an NGO working on child rights issues. The purpose of this study is to analyze the availability of technology. The results of the study showed that 43.99 percent of the children surveyed had smartphones available and the other 43.99 percent of students had basic phones available, while 12.02 percent did not have either of these phones available. The study said that a total of 56.01 percent of children do not have a smartphone.

The report said, “Regarding TV, it has been mentioned that 31.01 percent of the children do not have a TV at home. In this way, it turns out that just using a smartphone for the learning process is not the only solution. The study was conducted on students from class 1 to class 12. The study was carried out over a period of 12 days between April 16 and April 28 in 23 states including Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Gujarat, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana.

 

Schools and colleges are closed during the full ban imposed from March 25 to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection. For this reason, these institutes have turned to an online platform for teaching work and reading activities. According to official figures, there are more than 35 crore students in the country. However, it is unclear how many of them have digital devices or internet access.

Check Also

145 year old man had prepared 24 years ago, death has not come on his grave yet

The kind of experiment that a young woman named Jasmine Trideval, living in America, has ...